These are my platform keystones – true public accountability, strict discipline on spending, more crime prevention and control, and maintenance/enhancement of the many assets of our community such as the public parks and trails system.
Please see below for more detail and let me know what’s important to you!
- Committed to true public accountability, including careful listening and responding to voters’ issues and concerns
- Committed to improving the amount and quality of information available to the public. For example, city budgets should be posted on the internet before and after approval by Council
BUDGET AND SPENDING
- Believes that it is essential to have fiscally and socially responsible budgeting
- With the on-going tight economy, there is a need to focus on necessities and to say no to expenditures that the City cannot afford
CRIME AND COMMUNITY SAFETY
- Committed to adopting new measures to reduce and prevent crime in our community. People need to feel safe and that their property is protected
- Believes that a healthy environment is essential, one that is maintained by effective and practical projects and initiatives
- Supports the maintenance and enhancement of Red Deer’s trail system, an important asset to the vitality of our community.
- Supports concerted advocacy to the Provincial Government and Alberta Health Services for major improvements and increased vital programs / services at the Red Deer Regional Hospital
Vote for Michael on October 16